Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Road Construction...

I live right outside of Boston now...I love the area but have a huge issue with the traffic. I realize that any city is going to have traffic, and I am not actually going to complain about Boston traffic. The rest of the state, and surrounding states, are another matter though. I have been on busy highways with several miles of "two right lanes closed" with traffic backing up for miles! Is it totally necessary to block off 6 miles of traffic lanes for work that takes place in a 100 yard stretch? I can understand if the construction actually produced results...but those same stretches of road still resemble Route Irish in Baghdad after weeks of construction. And what is with truckers weaving back and forth over the shoulder to prevent people from getting by. Who the fuck died and made them the almighty overlords of americas highways?!?!? I had to drive up on the grass to make it around a truck weaving back and forth over the shoulder. How did that guy know I was not having some kind of emergency and needed to exit the highway as fst as I could? I dont condone road rage by any stretch, having been victim to it, but I really wanted to go bury a knife in his tires. Dont even get me started on the ENTIRE state of Connecticut! Construction from end to end! It is ridiculous...I have an idea...come up with a material for roads that does not have to be replaced every other month! Or just do the job right the first time!

No comments: