Monday, October 27, 2008

Kermit the Frog?

I often ask myself, and anyone in earshot, if the whole world has suddenly become less intelligent. Usually my exact words go something like this..."Holy shit! Has the whole world taken a fucking stupid pill?!?!?!". I have been asking myself this question a lot lately. It usually follows something I see covered on some news site, or on TV. For example, when John McCain announced Sarah Palin as his running mate. Or, When Barack Obama announced Joe Biden as his running mate. I have since tempered my initial response to both choices. Sarah Palins incredible audacity, and sheer idiocy is completely entertaining. And, I have no response positive or negative when it comes to Joe Biden. I have resigned myself to the fact that Rome is definitely burning and there is nothing I can do about it so I think I will fiddle happily. I have not seen a single political advertisement, I did not watch the debates, and I no longer give a fat rats ass who wins this election. None of the candidates are worthy of my vote. I am going to write in Kermit the Frog. I have watched Kermit since he was a cub reporter on Sesame Street with his trademark "Hi-Ho Kermit the Frog here!". I watched his rise from the swamps...I watched him lead his merry band of muppets through one adventure after another. Kermit is honest,loyal,honorable, and friendly. He has more leadership qualities than any of the candidates that we have to choose from, and he is infinitely smarter than our current president. So before you ask yourself..."Has Rob G taken a fucking stupid pill today?" sit through the original Muppet Movie. You'll see what I mean...

1 comment:

gh said...

Got yer back, duder. On Kermit being a genius, anyway. But I can't wait to vote for Barack, my lips are red from drinking the Kool-Aid, and I'm fine with that. After all, Kool-Aid tastes good, right?