Friday, June 26, 2009

Harvey Danger was right...

Harvey Danger said "Been around the world and noticed only stupid people are breeding"...Probably the most accurate song lyric of all time. While sifting through the "news" on CNN, I came across a little gem of a headline. "17 Year Old Dies While Tweeting on Her Laptop in the Bathtub"...take a minute and let that sink in (no pun intended). Authorities surmised that she went to plug in her laptop (while in the tub) because her battery was dying. I joined Twitter two days ago, and from what I can see it serves no purpose whatsoever. I cant, for the life of me, figure out what the hell could be so important that she just absolutely had to tweet while bathing. Was it a running cyber commentary of bathing?

"Filling tub"
"Undressing for bath"
"Stepping in water"
"Sitting in tub"
"Crap,laptop is about to die"
"Pluggin in la..."

Do you think that the people that were following this person saw what was coming as soon as "filling tub" came through? Do you think they said to themselves " oh shit this is not going to turn out well" ?

I dont have the best impulse control by any stretch, but I am fairly certain that I would not be overcome by the absolute need to tweet while in the tub. Or, do anything else that required an electrical appliance plugged in while bathing! In my mind that is the same as being overcome with craving for toast while bathing...ooo I have an idea I will just bring the toaster in the tub with me. That way I can take care of my hunger, and get clean at the same time!

One of my all time favorite bumper sticker says "YOU! OUT OF THE GENE POOL" funny as hell in my opinion. But, if I think about it long enough I realize a couple of things. If all of the stupid people were suddenly taken off of the face of the earth, this place would be REALLY lonely. And, I would not laugh nearly as much as I do now. If you start a sentence with " Hey man hold my beer and watch this" or "HEEEEY I got an idea" a couple of things are going to happen. Your chances for serious injury, or death, are going to rise exponentially. And, your chances of people laughing at your plight for years and years are going to rise exponentially. Being a somewhat sensitive person I would love to gather these folks up and try to show them the error of their ways but damn I would miss out on a lot of laughs. So here's to the idiots in this world! Thank you for being as dumb as you are, and making my world a little bit brighter!!!

No comments: