Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Twitter and the Cult of Rob G

I joined Twitter today. I am a bit fascinatd by it, but not sure what to think of it. I activated my account, created a profile, and posted an update. While perusing the site I found a page that said I have no followers. Followers...interesting choice of words. Jesus had followers,Moses had followers,Jim Jones had followers, and Charles Manson had followers. So I have officially joined the ranks of religious icons and maniacs. I have always thought I would be a good cult leader, so maybe this is a good start. I dont think I will ever attain the skill that Jesus had...the closest I come to walking on water is pond swooping. Turning water into wine would be a fairly handy skill though...I would be very popular at parties. Moses defintely had it going on with the whole parting the red sea thing...but his navigational skills were lacking. I mean the dude did wander around lost in the desert for 40 years. One would think that eventually he would stop and ask for directions. Plus, cruising the desert with that many people for that long would suck...40 years of " are we there yet?". Hell, that question used to drive my parents crazy while we were making the 5 hour trip to New Haven for Christmas. 40 years of that would be a living hell. Manson...What can I say about him??? Not really a good role model, and his only redeeming qualities are his parole hearings that are televised every few years. VERY ENTERTAINING! That dude is completely out of his mind. Jim Jones was another nutty one. He must have been one charismatic son of a bitch though. He got several hundred people to move to an island in the middle of nowhere and then off themselves. So there are the extremes of people with followers. The extreme good being Jesus and Moses, and the extreme bad being Manson and Jones. So there is a shitload of middle ground for me! I have to ponder these things if I am going to be a cult leader. So twitter is my first step. I am thinking that the ultimate goal should be world domination...lofty I know but I dont think it is completely out of reach. So today Twitter...tomorrow the world? Probably not...but it is fun to imagine the possibilities...

No comments: